26 Suffering and the Seven Trumpets Part 2
Updated: Oct 14, 2021
Our journey in Revelation continues as we discover who the active agent is behind the Seven Trumpets as they describe the terrible destruction that comes to the earth. It's not who you might have thought!
7 Batttle Scenes
Who does what in the Cosmic Struggle? John 10:10
Author of Faith Source of Hope Lover of your Soul
Seven Seals (4:1—8:1) Ez 5:17; Lk 21
1. White horse: Antichrist’s who include fake Christians
2. Red horse: War and all its attendant ills 3. Black horse: Famine—physical, emotional and spiritual
4. Pale horse: Above with plague and disease 5. Souls under the altar: Martyrs who want action from God
6. Mass Suicide: Sinners call on mountains to fall on them – INTERLUDE 1 (7:1—17) 7. Silence in heaven for half an hour: Universal awe at God’s grace
Seven Trumpets (8:2—11:19)
1. Hail and fire mixed with blood: Satan’s perversion of Good 2. Burning mountain into the sea: Satan’s kingdom thrives in wickedness 3. Burning star, 1/3 rivers & streams bitter: gospel preverted 4. 1/3 sun, moon & stars darkened: “God” has turned against us? 5. Fallen star opens the Abyss: Demonic deceptions abound 6. 4 angels release evil powers who kill a 1/3 of mankind:
– INTERLUDE 2 (10:1—11:14) 7. God reigns—Lightening flashes, thunder crashes, earthquake.
Seven Battles (12:1—14:20)
1. Red Dragon almost destroys the male child (12:1-6) 2. The Dragon and his angels fight Michael and his angels (12:7-12)
3. The Dragon attempts to destroy the Woman in white (12:13-17)
4. The Sea Beast with seven heads claims divine worship (13:1-2) 5. The Sea Beast blasphemes God for 42 months (13:3-10) 6. Earth Beast (False Prophet) enforces Sea Beast worship (13:11-18) – INTERLUDE 3 (Chapter 14:1-12) 7. The Saints taken to Heaven, Sinners destroyed (By Who?) (14:14- 20)
First Battle (12:1—6)
Dragon attempts to destroy the man child • Woman – Sun – Moon – Stars – Pregnant
First Battle (12:1—6) Dragon attempts to destroy the man child Dragon —Fiery red —7 heads —10 horns —Crowns on heads (cp 13:1) —Tail threw 1/3 stars to earth
First Battle (12:1—6) Dragon attempts to destroy the man child • Dragon ready to destroy the male child at birth • Male child to rule with a rod of iron • Male child went to be with God on his throne • Woman fled into the wilderness (desert) • In wilderness for 1260 days
Second Battle (12:7—12)
Michael and the Dragon in Conflict Michael —(Dan 10:13, 21; 12:1; Jude 9) Great Dragon —Serpent of old —Devil —Satan —Deceiver (whole world)
(12:7—12) Michael and the Dragon in Conflict Great Dragon cast or hurled —From heaven as residence (Lk 10:18) —From affection of universe (Jn 12:31) —From human hearts (12:11) —Into the abyss for 1000 years (20:2) —Into the lake of fire (20:10)
Third Battle (12:13—17)
Dragon attempts to destroy the Woman (51) Great Dragon pursues the Woman
– Two wings like and eagle
– Time, times and half a time
– Flood of water from Dragon’s mouth (ideology)
– Earth helped the woman
– Dragon declares war on the rest of her offspring
– They keep God’s commandments and maintain their testimony to Jesus:
– Parallelism (1:2, 1:9, 6:9, 12:17, 14:12, 20:4)
Fourth Battle (13:1-2)
Blasphemous Sea Beast Appears (53)
• Out of the Sea
– 7 heads and ten horns.
– Crowns on horns (cp 12:3)
– Each head had blasphemous names written on it.
– Leopard body, bear paws, lion mouth (conglomerate of Dan 7)
– Dragon gave beast his power, throne, authority. (God & Jesus)
Fifth Battle (13:3-10)
Sea Beast’s fatally wounded head healed (54)
All heads wounded according to Daniel and history.
World empires gives way to democracies.
Two legs, two feet of iron and clay and ten toes. – Iron represents Rome. Rome last world empire.
Wounded Head is miraculously healed – A world power emerges which is admired.
People worship the Dragon and the Beast – Who is able to fight against the Beast?
Fifth Battle (13:3-10)
Sea Beast’s fatally wounded head healed
Beast blasphemed God, his name and heaven – Atheism, Islam
Beast had authority to do as he wanted for 42 months – over every tribe, people, language and nation.
Beast conquers God’s people by war – Except the 144,000
Sixth Battle (13:11-18)
Earth Beast forces worship of Sea Beast • FalseTrinityrevealeditselffromHeaven,Sea&Earth • Earth:Peacefulorigin • “Hornslikealamb”meansitisaparodyofJesusChrist • Spokelikeadragon: • BattleofSlaughteredLamb&slaughteringlamb. • Made...worshipSeaBeastwhowoundhadhealed.
Sixth Battle (13:11—18) • • • • Great and miraculous signs: fire from heaven—Elijah! (1 Kings 18) Authenticating himself as God (2 Thess 2:9; Acts 2:3) Image to Sea Beast: Compare Nebuchadnezzar’s Death for those who refuse to worship the image Earth Beast forces worship of Sea Beast image. Mark of the Beast: “666” 3rd Interlude: (14:1-13) • • —144,000 —3 Angels
Seventh Battle (14:14—20)
• Grain harvest: (God’s action) – Cloud, Son of Man, Crown, Sickle – Temple angel shouts to Son of Man: “harvest!” – Grain harvested=Second Coming • Grape harvest: (Who does it?)
– Temple angel with sickle
– Altar angel with fire shouts to Temple angel: “harvest!”
– Grapes harvested=Great blood flow=Death & destruction.